Pete Souza, the former chief official White House photographer for President Barack Obama, posted a powerful photo on his Instagram page highlighting the lack of women in senior positions in President Donald Trump’s administration.
Souza’s photo is cropped to show the bottom half of several people attending a meeting in what looks like the Oval Office. From looking at the legs, feet and clothing of those pictured, one can surmise that three of the people in the meeting are women – and the other is the former president.
“Meeting with top advisors. This is a full-frame picture. I guess you’d say I was trying to make a point,” Souza captioned the photo. At time of writing, the Instagram picture has received more than 51,000 likes.
President Trump has been criticized for the lack of gender and racial diversity in his administration. In a piece for Motto last month, Gretchen Carlson wrote: “Women not being selected for more than a few high-level posts should be a bipartisan concern.”
[H/T Huffington Post]
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List