President Donald Trump claimed the “very, very dishonest press” does not report terrorist attacks during a speech to coalition representatives and senior U.S. military commanders at Tampa’s MacDill Air Force Base on Monday.
“They have their reasons and you understand that,” the President said in reference to several attacks across the U.S. and Europe — all of which were widely covered by U.S. and international media.
The President touched upon a number of topics during his speech, including a vow to make a “historic financial investment” in the U.S. Armed Forces, as well as a request for fellow NATO members to make “full and proper financial contributions to the NATO Alliance.”
Read a full transcript of his speech below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement