President Donald Trump claimed the “very, very dishonest press” does not report terrorist attacks during a speech to coalition representatives and senior U.S. military commanders at Tampa’s MacDill Air Force Base on Monday.
“They have their reasons and you understand that,” the President said in reference to several attacks across the U.S. and Europe — all of which were widely covered by U.S. and international media.
The President touched upon a number of topics during his speech, including a vow to make a “historic financial investment” in the U.S. Armed Forces, as well as a request for fellow NATO members to make “full and proper financial contributions to the NATO Alliance.”
Read a full transcript of his speech below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow