President Donald Trump claimed the “very, very dishonest press” does not report terrorist attacks during a speech to coalition representatives and senior U.S. military commanders at Tampa’s MacDill Air Force Base on Monday.
“They have their reasons and you understand that,” the President said in reference to several attacks across the U.S. and Europe — all of which were widely covered by U.S. and international media.
The President touched upon a number of topics during his speech, including a vow to make a “historic financial investment” in the U.S. Armed Forces, as well as a request for fellow NATO members to make “full and proper financial contributions to the NATO Alliance.”
Read a full transcript of his speech below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time