The halftime show during Sunday night’s Super Bowl began innocently enough: Lady Gaga, who headlined the event, stood atop a building and sang a mashup of various American patriotic hymns against a backdrop of twinkling red, white and blue star-like drones.
But then she jumped off the platform and actually flew down to the main stage, suspended by nothing more than two cords as she descended, appearing to attempt to twerk (or something like it) in midair.
People were understandably very excited by this.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve