President Trump spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C., drawing attention for joking remarks that the audience should pray for Arnold Schwarzenegger’s ratings on “The Apprentice.”
The speech was Trump’s first at the annual religious gathering, though he joked that he would like “to be here seven more times with you.”
He also pledged to repeal the Johnson Amendment, an IRS rule barring pastors from endorsing candidates from the pulpit.
“I will get rid of and totally destroy the Johnson Amendment and allow our representatives of faith to speak freely and without fear of retribution,” he said.
Read Trump’s full remarks below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases