50 Cent continues to beef up his acting resume. The rapper and vitamin water mogul, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, has just signed on to join Melissa McCarthy in the upcoming secret agent comedy Spy.
The film, which also stars Jason Statham and Jude Law, is about a CIA analyst (McCarthy) who heads out into the field for the first time. The project is being helmed by writer/ director Paul Feig of Bridesmaids fame.
There’s no word yet on how large 50’s role will be, though The Hollywood Reporter says he will be playing himself. The rapper has been working pretty steadily in Hollywood since his movie debut in 2005’s Get Rich or Die Tryin’. More recently, he played a computer whiz in 2013’s Escape Plan with Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, and he just finished shooting The Prince, a crime thriller with Bruce Willis.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving