On Wednesday night, Beyoncé Knowles took to Instagram to announce that she was pregnant — not with one child but with twins. In the photo, she’s veiled and kneeling in front of a bouquet of flowers, gently clasping her stomach; in the caption, written on behalf of her and her husband Jay-Z, she said that they “have been blessed two times over” and “are incredibly grateful that our family will be growing by two.”
The photo has blown up, inevitably. In under 20 hours, it accrued more than 7.2 million likes — more than any photo ever posted on the platform, according to Instagram.
She’s taking the title from Selena Gomez, who in July posted a shot of the singer sipping from a glass bottle of Coca-Cola whose label featured lyrics to her song “Me and the Rhythm.” That shot has 6.3 million likes today; Beyoncé’s surpassed that count in 11 hours, Instagram said, and the number continues to rise.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023