Bill Nye‘s no longer just the science guy. The science educator and beloved television personality made his NYFW runway debut clad in a metallic suit with a rocket print and his signature bow tie for menswear designer Nick Graham, whose latest collection has a space-inspired bent.
Graham, who outfitted Nye for the science guru’s upcoming Netflix show, Bill Nye Saves the World, also cast iconic astronaut Buzz Aldrin for the out-of-this-world presentation.
In an interview with Vogue about his fashion week experience, Nye confessed that he “would wear a lab coat all day every day if I worked in the right situation.” He also disclosed that he owns about 500 of his famous bow ties.
See Bill Nye’s fashion week debut below.
JP Yim—Getty Images for Nick Graham
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far