1. This is why it’s so important to bridge the urban-rural divide.
By Esther Manheimer and Grant Godwin in the Raleigh News and Observer
2. Could patients treat depression at home with shock therapy?
By Eliza Strickland in IEEE Spectrum
3. Sign of the future: Solar power created more jobs than oil, gas and coal combined last year.
By Lucas Mearian in ComputerWorld
4. Here’s how Trump’s immigration executive order could hurt America’s research universities.
By Emily Dreyfuss in Wired
5. Maybe it’s time to get rid of Mother Goose.
By Sean Braswell in Ozy
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement