In the end, only one anti-hero superhero movie could go for Oscar gold this year, and this time Ryan Reynolds’ smart-mouthed fan favorite Deadpool was shut out of nominations. This news comes even after Reynolds pitched the Oscars directly on Twitter. Twitter, of course, is having none of it—especially since the superhero movie Suicide Squad did receive a nomination (for Best Makeup, but still). Here’s a roundup of the best responses of outrage and surprise, expressed in appropriately cheeky fashion. (Even Reynolds himself had something to say.)
UPDATE: Reynolds himself also took to Twitter to express his alternative plans for Oscar evening in a typically funny and gracious manner.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was