Comedian Jimmy Kimmel shared some of his own “alternative facts” Monday, after President Trump’s counselor, Kellyanne Conway, used the phrase to explain the White House Press Secretary’s false statements about the crowds at Trump’s inauguration.
Kimmel also included his own crowd in the joke.
“I would like to thank each of the 1.3 million people in this room tonight for helping us set a record for the largest talk audience ever assembled,” he said. “Thank you for believing in me.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Katie Reilly at Katie.Reilly@time.com