Ruby Rose may be a star in the highly-anticipated xXx sequel — but she was eager to gush about her real-life leading lady.
At the xXx: Return of Xander Cage premiere in Los Angeles on Thursday, the Australian actress and model opened up to ET about her relationship with progressive pop duo The Veronicas’ Jess Origliasso. The two dated back in 2008, but have rekindled their romance.
“Jess is the most amazing person,” Rose, 30, said of Origliasso, 32, who joined her at the premiere. “We just jam every night. We play music and sing and cook dinner, and she’s amazing. She’s wonderful…She’s always such a moral support for me and a moral compass. I’m so glad she came tonight.”
Rose also talked about what it was like playing a strong woman lead in the film.
“Yeah, it was important!” she said. “And also, why would there be a damsel in distress? Come on, women are way too strong. Women give birth, for goodness sake. So we’re just built strong, and this film really celebrates that and it really shows everything the individual character strengths and skill sets.”
“I’m a woman … I want to have babies one day, so I’m glad I didn’t make changes earlier in my life,” she said at the time.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org