As Trump was being sworn in as the 45th president of the United States, Bush was one of several notable political figures in attendance. However, judging by the photos captured of him at the event, it appeared as though he would have preferred better weather.
Twitter immediately began to joke about the former commander in chief’s demeanor during the rainy ceremony, with many poking fun at his attempts to stay dry.
Others took a different approach, creating memes of Bush’s facial expressions throughout the morning.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart