Donald J. Trump may now be president, but the Obama era is long from forgotten. His supporters are taking to social media to express their emotions about what’s next—and reflect on Obama’s eight years at the White House. On Twitter, users are sending out a mix of heartfelt and funny messages to the departing president, the First Lady, Michelle Obama, and their children, from commemorative screenshots to memes.
Here, a collection of what people are saying as the Obamas make their exit:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time