President-elect Donald Trump’s incoming counselor and close aide Kellyanne Conway wore a red, white and blue coat and red hat that she dubbed “Trump Revolutionary Wear” on Friday morning for Trump’s inauguration.
Conway, the strategist who managed Trump’s presidential campaign, laughed and did a quick patriotic dance when reporters asked her about her color block wool coat. “Oh it’s just Gucci,” she said of the designer outerwear, which retails for $3,600.
“The Trump presidency will have something for everyone,” Conway went on to tell NBC Bay Area. She then mentioned some of Trump’s campaign promises, including reforming taxes and repealing the Affordable Care Act.
But it was the statement-making getup that has lit up the internet. See some of the reactions below.
Some users thought the look invited comparison to Paddington Bear’s blue Duffel coat and red topper:
Or Kirsten Dunst in the 1999 beauty pageant movie Drop Dead Gorgeous:
A business opportunity:
An American Girl doll was a popular choice:
Others saw a nutcracker:
One user created this work of art:
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror