After Cavallari, 30, shared a photo of the two of them on a surprise vacation in Mexico for her birthday, her followers started commenting that Cutler had gained weight.
“WTF did he eat himself,” wrote one.
“Who’s the lesbian on the left?” said another.
So Cavallari subtly struck back with a new, more flattering photo of Cutler, who is currently recovering from a shoulder injury that brought an early end to his football season.
“Since Jay looked like a 300-lb. lesbian in my last post, I felt I should do him justice by posting him looking hot AF in this one,” she posted.
Cavallari previously told PEOPLE that she can deal with people criticizing her, but won’t stand for attacks on her family.
“I’ve been dealing with criticism since I was 17,” Cavallari, who used to star on reality show Laguna Beach, said. “When it’s me, I can handle it, I can take it. I have thick skin.”
“When it’s about my kids or my husband, I get really defensive. And then I become a little fighter, and I’ve been known to get a little trigger-happy sometimes.”
Cavallari had to fight off body shamers in July, who accused her of underfeeding her kids.
“Yep, I starve my children,” she sarcastically responded. “Just blocked the most people I’ve ever blocked in my entire life. Happy 4th hahaha.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org