Professional tennis player Serena Williams, who has been called one of the greatest athletes ever, has a little more on her plate recently than competing for her next Grand Slam title. The trophy collector found love off the tennis scoreboards — she recently got engaged to Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, and said she’s still processing the next steps.
“It feels good,” Williams said at a press conference. “I really haven’t thought about it too much, because I wasn’t even really gonna think about it until after the tournament. So, I just keep saying, ‘February, I’ll start looking at the bigger picture of my life.’ But right now, I’m just so focused that this is all I can think about.”
Williams didn’t take a break from serving up success to celebrate: She’s currently competing in the Australian Open, as Ohanian posted on his Instagram:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving