Seven-year-old Xia Vigor (real name: Xiamara Sophia Vigor) is already having a moment, thanks to a breakout performance as a pint-sized Taylor Swift lookalike for a Filipino TV talent show.
Arriving on the “Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids” stage in a bandleader outfit, Vigor proceeded to impress the judges and hype up the audience with an appropriately sassy Taylor-Swift-like rendition of the pop star’s 2008 hit “You Belong With Me,” complete with dramatic costume change into a sparkly minidress and post-performance interview with the host.
Although she’s only seven, Vigor does not lack for stage presence and starlet-level confidence—nor is this her first go-round with the doppelgänger experience (and attendant fame). In 2015, she competed on a “Mini Me 2” segment in the Philippines—that time as Taylor Swift BFF and fellow pop princess Selena Gomez—and took home the top prize. The only question now: which music juggernaut will she choose to emulate next?
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction