Law enforcement arrested the wife of the man who carried out the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, a federal official said Monday.
The FBI reportedly charged Noor Salman with obstruction in connection to the June attack on Pulse Nightclub that killed 49 people and wounded dozens, according to the Associated Press.
The FBI first interrogated Salman immediately after her husband Omar Mateen went on a shooting rampage at Pulse on June 12, 2016. Mateen died in a shoot-off with police.
Salman was arrested outside her San Francisco home and is expected to appear in federal court on Tuesday.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.