Law enforcement arrested the wife of the man who carried out the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, a federal official said Monday.
The FBI reportedly charged Noor Salman with obstruction in connection to the June attack on Pulse Nightclub that killed 49 people and wounded dozens, according to the Associated Press.
The FBI first interrogated Salman immediately after her husband Omar Mateen went on a shooting rampage at Pulse on June 12, 2016. Mateen died in a shoot-off with police.
Salman was arrested outside her San Francisco home and is expected to appear in federal court on Tuesday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now