Deadpool may have lost the Golden Globe for Best Musical or Comedy to La La Land , but Deadpool is still gunning for an Oscar. The Merc With the Mouth himself, Ryan Reynolds, took to Twitter early Friday morning to release a “For Your Consideration” video pitch for the Academy Awards.
The 30-second montage of movie footage features a dramatic voiceover by Reynolds, who lists all the hilarious things that went into making the antihero flick, including 600 pounds of chimichangas, seven magical unicorns, and three good walls and a fourth that’s broken.
Watch the full video below.
UPDATE: After Deadpool ultimately failed to snag an Oscar nomination, Reynolds again took to Twitter to express his alternative plans for the evening in a typically funny and gracious manner. Foiled again.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer