Deadpool may have lost the Golden Globe for Best Musical or Comedy to La La Land , but Deadpool is still gunning for an Oscar. The Merc With the Mouth himself, Ryan Reynolds, took to Twitter early Friday morning to release a “For Your Consideration” video pitch for the Academy Awards.
The 30-second montage of movie footage features a dramatic voiceover by Reynolds, who lists all the hilarious things that went into making the antihero flick, including 600 pounds of chimichangas, seven magical unicorns, and three good walls and a fourth that’s broken.
Watch the full video below.
UPDATE: After Deadpool ultimately failed to snag an Oscar nomination, Reynolds again took to Twitter to express his alternative plans for the evening in a typically funny and gracious manner. Foiled again.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time