“All of my Cabinet nominee are looking good and doing a great job,” Trump said Friday morning on Twitter. “I want them to be themselves and express their own thoughts, not mine!”
This week of hearings on Capitol Hill has certainly shown that many of the picks aren’t just expressing Trump’s views. Nominees have distanced themselves from Trump’s remarks on such hot-button topics as foreign policy, immigration and the military. His Secretary of State pick disagrees with him on a key trade deal, his Defense Secretary pick wants to take a harsher stance on Russia, and his Attorney General nominee says the U.S. shouldn’t ban Muslim immigration to the United States.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time