A 25-year-old Venezuelan woman was arrested after attempting to smuggle her boyfriend out of prison in a suitcase.
Antonieta Robles Saouda recently tried to leave Jose Antonio Anzoategui prison with boyfriend Ibrain Jose Vargas Garcia hidden inside a suitcase she had purportedly brought along to carry his daughter’s toys, according to the New York Post. However, guards reportedly caught onto her ruse when she began to have trouble pushing the luggage.
Garcia — who is currently serving a 10-year sentence for car robbery — was escorted back to his cell while Saouda was arrested. Their daughter was taken into custody by social services.
Read more at NYPost.com.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment