Selena Gomez can’t keep her hands to herself — and The Weeknd doesn’t seem to mind!
The 24-year-old singer was ready to come and get it on Tuesday night, when she and The Weeknd (né Abel Tesfaye) had a romantic dinner at celebrity hotspot Giorgio Baldi.
The pair were spotted smooching throughout the evening — though a source tells PEOPLE, “it’s new and nothing serious.”
“It was a romantic dinner date in the rain,” an onlooker tells PEOPLE. “They acted like a couple. They ordered pasta and shared the food. She seemed very into him — she was smiling a lot. They left holding hands.”
It’s the first romance for the 25-year-old “Starboy” hitmaker since he and ex-girlfriend Bella Hadid split in November after a year and a half together.
“Their schedules have been too hard to coordinate and he is focusing on finishing and promoting his album,” a source exclusively told PEOPLE at the time. “They still have a great deal of love for one another and will remain friends.” (Unclear if Hadid and Gomez will, though – the model unfollowed her on Instagram Wednesday afternoon.)
Gomez — who recently took a career hiatus to seek treatment for emotional complications stemming from her lupus diagnosis — last had a high-profile on-again, off-again relationship with Justin Bieber. She made her return to the spotlight at the American Music Awards in November, where she picked up the prize for favorite female pop/rock artist with a triumphant speech.
“I had to stop, ’cause I had everything and I was absolutely broken inside. I kept it all together enough to where I would never let you down, but I kept it too much together to where I let myself down,” Gomez said, tearing up. “I’m not trying to get validation, nor do I need it anymore … If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken.”
With reporting by MELODY CHIU
This article originally appeared on People.com
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement