If there’s anyone who can help shed positive light on the tumultuous 2016, it’s Selena Gomez. The singer took to Instagram — where she’s established one of the biggest followings on the social media platform — and recorded a live video about the main lessons she took away from the year, such as “awareness,” Elle reports.
Gomez opened up in a casual setting as she chatted with two of her friends about the importance of friendship. The singer explained why it’s vital to surround oneself with high-quality friends. She said it’s important to be aware of “the people that you’re surrounding yourself with, the people that are purposefully the ones you are spending time with.” She shared an anecdote emphasizing her point: “We go to dinner sometimes with friends, and sometimes we’ll go to dinner and we’ll leave and we’ll think, ‘That was such a pointless dinner. What did I learn from it? What will I gain from it? What was the point of it?'”
But other dinners with friends go very differently. Gomez said, they’ll “sit at the table for five hours” and check in with each other. During Gomez’s Instagram Live video, one of her well-known besties, Taylor Swift, did just that and commented on her video.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time