The actress nabbed the best actress in a motion picture, musical or comedy, award at the 74th annual Golden Globes on Sunday for her critically praised performance in La La Land.
As she walked to the stage, Garfield – who was also nominated at the ceremony for best actor in a drama for Hacksaw Ridge – was spotted in the crowd on his feet by an eagle-eyed viewer, giving Stone a standing ovation.
The couple split in the fall of 2015 after dating for almost four years. A source told PEOPLE at the time that the break up was caused by difficult filming schedules.
In October of last year, Stone told Vogue of Garfield, though, “[He’s] someone I still love very much.”
La La Land was nominated for, and won, seven awards at the Golden Globes – making it the most decorated film ever at the annual ceremony, according to Entertainment Weekly.
In her acceptance speech, Stone thanked her family before saying, “This is a film for dreamers, and I think that hope and creativity are two of the most important things in the world and that’s what this movie is about.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating