Dave Chappelle knows a lot of classic rock songs.
Chappelle recently swung by John Mayer’s secret show at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles to perform Nirvana’s “Come As You Are” and Tom Petty’s “Free Fallin’” with a little help from the crowd.
This wasn’t just a one-night gig for Chappelle and Mayer, who previously teamed up on a comedy sketch featuring Mayer’s music, as they claim to do this fairly regularly. “Dave and I do this in different cities until about 5 in the morning,” Mayer told the crowd in one of the videos.
Mayer will be performing more shows in support of his forthcoming new album, The Search for Everything, which is due out January 20. Could be worth picking up a ticket, as Chappelle might stop by to sing more Nirvana or work on stand-up bits for his three new Netflix shows.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time