Vice President Joe Biden said it’s “time” for President-elect Donald Trump to “grow up” and “be an adult” in a new interview set to air Thursday night.
Biden flashed a wide smile as he delivered his punches after PBS NewsHour’s Judy Woodruff asked him to comment on a series of recent Trump tweets, including one in which he called Sen. Chuck Schumer a “head clown.”
“Grow up, Donald. Grow up. Time to be an adult. You’re president,” Biden said, according to a brief video clip the program published on Twitter. “You got to do something. Show us what you have.”
During the 2016 election campaign, Biden was vocal about his dislike for Trump. In October, Biden suggested he would have enjoyed a physical fight with Trump if the two were both in high school together.
“The press always asks me: don’t I wish I were debating him,” Biden said at the time. “No, I wish we were in high school—I could take him behind the gym. That’s what I wish.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com