Vice President Joe Biden said it’s “time” for President-elect Donald Trump to “grow up” and “be an adult” in a new interview set to air Thursday night.
Biden flashed a wide smile as he delivered his punches after PBS NewsHour’s Judy Woodruff asked him to comment on a series of recent Trump tweets, including one in which he called Sen. Chuck Schumer a “head clown.”
“Grow up, Donald. Grow up. Time to be an adult. You’re president,” Biden said, according to a brief video clip the program published on Twitter. “You got to do something. Show us what you have.”
During the 2016 election campaign, Biden was vocal about his dislike for Trump. In October, Biden suggested he would have enjoyed a physical fight with Trump if the two were both in high school together.
“The press always asks me: don’t I wish I were debating him,” Biden said at the time. “No, I wish we were in high school—I could take him behind the gym. That’s what I wish.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving