Janet Jackson and her husband Wissam Al Mana have welcomed their first child, a son named Eissa.
A representative for the singer told People that the couple was “thrilled to welcome their new son Eissa Al Mana into the world” on Tuesday, and that Jackson “had a stress-free healthy delivery and is resting comfortably.”
Jackson, 50, announced she was postponing her world tour in April in order to plan her family. She officially announced her pregnancy in October, saying she and her husband, a Qatari businessman, “thank God for our blessing.”
Jackson and Al Mana married in 2012, though they did not reveal their marriage publicly until 2013.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now