Fisher told ABC News that plans are underway for the joint service, though no location or date have been confirmed yet. Reynolds, 84, passed away of a stroke on Wednesday, one day after her daughter died at 60 on Tuesday.
Todd Fisher recounted how his mother said “I want to be with Carrie” just before her death.
Fisher, the writer, mental health advocate and actress of Star Wars fame passed away after suffering cardiac arrest on an airplane last week. Todd and Carrie Fisher were both Reynold’s children with Eddie Fisher, her husband at the time. Carrie Fisher and her mother had been very close in recent years, and lived next door to each other in Beverly Hills.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time