Fisher told ABC News that plans are underway for the joint service, though no location or date have been confirmed yet. Reynolds, 84, passed away of a stroke on Wednesday, one day after her daughter died at 60 on Tuesday.
Todd Fisher recounted how his mother said “I want to be with Carrie” just before her death.
Fisher, the writer, mental health advocate and actress of Star Wars fame passed away after suffering cardiac arrest on an airplane last week. Todd and Carrie Fisher were both Reynold’s children with Eddie Fisher, her husband at the time. Carrie Fisher and her mother had been very close in recent years, and lived next door to each other in Beverly Hills.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science