“I’m deeply saddened to learn of the death of Carrie Fisher,” William Shatner tweeted. “I will miss our banterings. A wonderful talent & light has been extinguished.”
Fisher died at age 60 on Tuesday. She had been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack aboard a flight from London to Los Angeles.
Here are some of the remembrances posted on social media Tuesday afternoon:
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.