The Pope dedicated his message to “all peoples, especially those scarred by war and harsh conflicts that seem stronger than the yearning for peace.” He wished peace to the victims of the war in Syria and of “fundamentalist terrorism” in Nigeria, among several other parts of the world.
Read the full text of his speech from the Vatican’s official translation to English from Italian below. Watch the Pope deliver the speech above.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow