The Pope dedicated his message to “all peoples, especially those scarred by war and harsh conflicts that seem stronger than the yearning for peace.” He wished peace to the victims of the war in Syria and of “fundamentalist terrorism” in Nigeria, among several other parts of the world.
Read the full text of his speech from the Vatican’s official translation to English from Italian below. Watch the Pope deliver the speech above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time