Pope Francis delivered his traditional “Urbi et Orbi” Christmas day message from the central balcony of St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican on Sunday.
The Pope dedicated his message to “all peoples, especially those scarred by war and harsh conflicts that seem stronger than the yearning for peace.” He wished peace to the victims of the war in Syria and of “fundamentalist terrorism” in Nigeria, among several other parts of the world.
Read the full text of his speech from the Vatican’s official translation to English from Italian below. Watch the Pope deliver the speech above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space