The Pope dedicated his message to “all peoples, especially those scarred by war and harsh conflicts that seem stronger than the yearning for peace.” He wished peace to the victims of the war in Syria and of “fundamentalist terrorism” in Nigeria, among several other parts of the world.
Read the full text of his speech from the Vatican’s official translation to English from Italian below. Watch the Pope deliver the speech above.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out