From pop royalty to hip-hop rookies, here’s a rundown of the artists we can’t wait to hear from in the new year, whether they’ve confirmed an album release or are long overdue for an update to their oeuvre.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was
It’s about time for the breakout trio of talented American sisters to follow up their folksy-cool 2013 debut with a new release—and they’ve hinted at a summertime album drop.
Detroit’s fiery rapper got political on his latest drop, a searing eight-minute tirade titled “Campaign Speech.” To follow it up, he’s teased a new album, which—if history is any indication—should be just as sure to stir up controversy.
The Kiwi singer-songwriter of “Royals” fame says her imminent sophomore project is more grownup, but fans are eager to hear anything she’ll produce.
Lil Uzi Vert
The talented British crooner and guitarist has been silent for over a year working on his third album, but all signs suggest the “Photograph” singer is about to break back into the spotlight with fresh material.
One of Asia’s biggest K-pop stars already, CL is set to make her stateside album debut shortly, and if anyone can make the crossover to mainstream success, it will be this ambitious singer-dancer.
Rising power-pop singer FLETCHER tends towards anthems of empowerment with radio-ready choruses, and we’re ready for her to follow up her debut EP with a full-length project.
Ambient electronic musician Bonobo creates haunting tracks to dance to or meditate with. Upcoming album Migration, due Jan. 13, has a collection of global influences, thanks to his recent travels.
Fans will have to wait until May for the album, but expect the typical rollicking pop bangers from the prolific songwriter.
Nashville-based upbeat pop-rock band COIN serves up just the infectious antidote for winter blues, and an early 2017 sophomore album should keep up the quartet’s momentum.