Twin Peaks is known for its donuts, almost as much as its very fine coffee and cherry pie. So it should not be a surprise that the first snippet from the show’s reboot would star David Lynch diving into a donut.
In the snippet, Lynch reprises his role as the hard-of-hearing FBI Bureau Chief Gordon Cole, thoroughly enjoying a glazed pastry while composer Angelo Badalamenti’s now-classic theme for Twin Peaks plays in the background. The brief vignette perfectly captures the show’s offbeat and subtly unsettling vibe, while reminding fans that the show’s highly anticipated revival will come to Showtime sometime in 2017.
In addition to the return of Lynch, who co-created the series along with Mark Frost, the revival will feature a number of the characters that populated Twin Peaks and the accompanying movie, Fire Walk With Me, including Kyle Maclachlan, who played FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper, as well as repeat performances by Sherilyn Fenn, Madchen Amick, Sheryl Lee, Dana Ashbrook, Grace Zabriskie, Miguel Ferrer, and Russ Tamblyn.
The town regulars (or irregulars as the case may be) will be joined by a cast of newcomers like Michael Cera, Jim Belushi, David Duchovny, Tim Roth, Ashley Judd, and Amanda Seyfried and musicians Trent Reznor, Eddie Vedder, Sky Ferreira, and Sharon Van Etten. Also getting in on the fun will be longtime Lynch collaborators like Laura Dern, Balthazar Getty, and Naomi Watts.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk