Christopher Nolan’s films never fail to be newsworthy—Interstellar, Inception and the Dark Knight trilogy have all received massive attention in recent years. His next project, Dunkirk, promises to be just as epic.
The WWII film, whose first full-length trailer was released on Wednesday, documents the 1940 evacuation of the French town that saved hundreds of thousands of Allied forces even as the Germans closed in on them.
The action film’s cast is packed with celebrities: Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Mark Rylance, Kenneth Branagh and even One Direction singer Harry Styles will appear in the movie.
Dunkirk will open in theaters on July 21, 2017.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief