Kanye West said he met with President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday with the goal of discussing “multicultural issues.”
“I wanted to meet with Trump today to discuss multicultural issues,” West said in a tweet Tuesday afternoon, explaining his unexpected visit to Trump Tower. “These issues included bullying, supporting teachers, modernizing curriculums, and violence in Chicago.”
“I feel it is important to have a direct line of communication with our future President if we truly want change,” he added.
West and Trump were both relatively mum about their meeting Tuesday morning, dodging questions from reporters in the lobby of Trump Tower.
“I just wanted to take a picture right now,” West said when asked if he was considering performing at Trump’s inauguration or running for president in 2020. West said last year that he was considering a 2020 presidential bid.
But he ended his series of tweets on Tuesday with the hashtag #2024—possibly referencing a newfound timeline for his presidential aspirations.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time