Kanye West said he met with President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday with the goal of discussing “multicultural issues.”
“I wanted to meet with Trump today to discuss multicultural issues,” West said in a tweet Tuesday afternoon, explaining his unexpected visit to Trump Tower. “These issues included bullying, supporting teachers, modernizing curriculums, and violence in Chicago.”
“I feel it is important to have a direct line of communication with our future President if we truly want change,” he added.
West and Trump were both relatively mum about their meeting Tuesday morning, dodging questions from reporters in the lobby of Trump Tower.
“I just wanted to take a picture right now,” West said when asked if he was considering performing at Trump’s inauguration or running for president in 2020. West said last year that he was considering a 2020 presidential bid.
But he ended his series of tweets on Tuesday with the hashtag #2024—possibly referencing a newfound timeline for his presidential aspirations.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve