Like the esteemed family entertainment chain’s anthropomorphic rat and his pop-culture savvy bandmates before him, Brandon “Bam” Morales, Marquese “Nonstop” Scott and Julius “IGlide” Chisolm of the Dragon House Crew freeze, glide and rotate to the tune of Childish Gambino’s “Redbone” in the video, titled “Chuck E. Cheese Challenge.”
These human people created the video for fun, and it’s totally unrelated to the phenomenon of the social media mannequin challenge, in which high schoolers and celebrities alike record themselves frozen like statutes to instantly achieve viral fame.
Scott asked the others to move “robot-like” for the clip on a whim after being struck by the tone the of track from Awaken My Love!, the latest album from Childish Gambino (Atlanta star Donald Glover). “The song influenced his idea as well because it sounded like one that would be used at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant. We didn’t think much of the video and just uploaded it for memories and laughter,” Morales tells TIME.
Watch them in faux-mechanical action below and try it at home if you’d like:
And here are the inspirational originals getting in on the mannequin challenge with a holiday twist:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com