Star Wars fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as Rogue One — the first major franchise spinoff — has debuted to rave reviews. Despite fan unease over a series of reshoots earlier this year, the film reportedly received a standing ovation following its premiere at the Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles Saturday night, prompting many in attendance to take to social media to share their (spoiler-free) praise for the latest galaxy, far, far away installment.
Here’s what audiences members had to say about Rogue One, which tells the story of Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) and the band of rebel fighters that join her on a mission to steal the plans for the Imperial Death Star.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms