Universal just dropped the first trailer for The Fate of the Furious, the eighth installment of the Fast and Furious franchise — and the first one made entirely after former star Paul Walker’s tragic death in 2013.
Charlize Theron will be joining the cast of Vin Diesel, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Jason Statham, Michelle Rodriguez and Tyrese Gibson, playing the adversarial character Cipher. Another newcomer to the action franchise is the Oscar winner Helen Mirren.
According to Diesel, the movie formerly known as Furious 8 — the first of a trilogy that is set to wrap up the whole saga of superfast cars and explosions — will take place in New York City. It is set to hit U.S. theaters April 14, 2017.
Watch the full trailer above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time