Dylan is the recipient of the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature, one of the highest honors on the globe, though he has appeared to bit reluctant. A statement released by Swedish Academy said that while the songwriter was “very honored indeed” for the prize, due to a prior commitment he was not able to travel to the event. “That laureates decide not to come [to the banquet] is unusual, to be sure, but not exceptional,” the statement says. Read his full speech here:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow