Amid her crazy successful career in modeling and beyond, Gigi Hadid has been coping with an illness.
“My metabolism actually changed like crazy this year. I have Hashimoto’s disease. It’s a thyroid disease,” Hadid, 21, revealed at Reebok’s #PerfectNever event in New York City.
“It’s now been two years since taking the medication for it, so for the [Victoria’s Secret] show I didn’t want to lose any more weight,” she continued. “I just want to have muscles in the right place, and if my butt can get a little perkier, then that’s good.”
The fashion It girl, who just nabbed the British Fashion Council’s Model of the Year Award, credits boxing for her toned physique. In addition, Hadid incorporates spontaneous exercises into her workout routines.
“I put a sticky note in my kitchen that just said ‘squats’ and every time I walked passed the squat sticky note I had to do 15 squats,” she also told the magazine. “It’s a good trick because you have to have integrity with yourself. No one else is watching but you’re like, ‘Okay, I have to do this for myself,’ which is important.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This