The idolized color authority announced its choice of the shade Pantone 15-0343 (generally called “greenery”) on Thursday. Pantone chooses a color each year that it expects to appear prominently in fashion, products, design and life—as well as reflect prevailing mood or sentiments, CNN Money reports.
“We know what kind of world we are living in: one that is very stressful and very tense,“ Leatrice Eiseman, Pantone Color Institute executive director, told the New York Times. “This is the color of hopefulness, and of our connection to nature. It speaks to what we call the ‘re’ words: regenerate, refresh, revitalize, renew. Every spring we enter a new cycle and new shoots come from the ground. It is something life affirming to look forward to.”
The color forecasters examine manufacturing and design trends, from fashion to street art, to determine the upcoming color, Laurie Pressman, vice president of Pantone Color Institute, told CNN. The “fresh and zesty yellow-green shade” has started appearing in technology such as a Mercedes model, and also symbolizes interest in protecting the environment.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022