Earlier this year, Tom Holland’s light and airy cameo as Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War felt like a breath of fresh air. Two months after Batman v Superman took the genre to new depths of sobriety, Holland burst onto the scene wide-eyed and easily enthused, like a puppy so overwhelmed by a windfall of new toys that all he can do is pant and wag his tail and implore you to play with him.
After a 17-second teaser clip was released on Wednesday morning, the long-awaited trailer for Holland’s feature-length debut as the superhero, Spider-Man: Homecoming, premiered Thursday night on Jimmy Kimmel Live! The trailer seems to confirm what Holland’s previous appearance in the Spidey suit suggested: that Homecoming will be an antidote—and a much more wholesome one than Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool—to all the handwringing about collateral damage, and a break from jaded superheroes everywhere.
Spider-Man: Homecoming hits theaters July 7, 2017.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer