Earlier this year, Tom Holland’s light and airy cameo as Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War felt like a breath of fresh air. Two months after Batman v Superman took the genre to new depths of sobriety, Holland burst onto the scene wide-eyed and easily enthused, like a puppy so overwhelmed by a windfall of new toys that all he can do is pant and wag his tail and implore you to play with him.
After a 17-second teaser clip was released on Wednesday morning, the long-awaited trailer for Holland’s feature-length debut as the superhero, Spider-Man: Homecoming, premiered Thursday night on Jimmy Kimmel Live! The trailer seems to confirm what Holland’s previous appearance in the Spidey suit suggested: that Homecoming will be an antidote—and a much more wholesome one than Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool—to all the handwringing about collateral damage, and a break from jaded superheroes everywhere.
Spider-Man: Homecoming hits theaters July 7, 2017.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time