When it comes to viral videos, it’s YouTube’s world—we just live in it. The top ten trending videos of 2016 have a collective 550 million views, and people watched them for more than 25 million hours. From professional comedian segments (thanks to hosts like John Oliver and James Corden) to candid pranks (for instance, a faux zombie apocalypse), people were hooked on these mini-masterpieces. Excluding professional music videos, here are the platform’s most-watched clips:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow