Warning: This post contains potential spoilers for Rogue One.
A Rogue One clip released Saturday offers another clue that a certain original Star Wars character may be making an appearance in the upcoming spinoff. Following an interview with Gareth Edwards in which the director responded, “I don’t want to ruin it for people,” when asked if Princess Leia is in the film, the new scene — which shows Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) rallying the Rebel Alliance — features a cameo by Bail Organa (Jimmy Smits), Leia’s adopted father.
As most fans know, Organa — who was played by Smits in Episode II – III — adopts Leia at the end of Revenge of the Sith after her birth father, Anakin Skywalker, turns to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader. Leia goes on to play a crucial part in the Rebellion, transmitting Jyn and her crew’s stolen Death Star plans to Luke in Episode IV: A New Hope.
Watch the full clip below, along with another sneak peak showing Jyn getting her hands on a blaster.
Rogue One hits theaters Dec. 16.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears