Disney’s Moana topped the domestic box office for the second week in a row, drawing $28.4 million, in a 50% drop from its opening weekend.
The film has now earned $119.9 million domestically and $177.4 million worldwide.
Coming in second place was Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, with $18.5 million. The Harry Potter spinoff dropped 59% in its third week out. The film was No. 1 internationally, raking in $60.4 million in about 67 foreign markets.
Arrival took spot No. 3 in the charts, earning $7.3 million in its fourth week, and knocking Allied to fourth place with $7.1 million in its second week.
Rounding out the top five was Marvel’s Doctor Strange, which earned $6.5 million this weekend.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization