From major blockbusters like Deadpool and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them to striking indies such as Moonlight and La La Land, it’s been quite a year for movies. But while most people probably watched a few films released in 2016, it’s hard to imagine anyone had time to see every single one that hit theaters.
Luckily, freelance trailer editor Clark Zhu has created a mashup that does a great job of summarizing the year in film — and it’s less than eight minutes long. The montage — which features clips from over 260 movies — appears to be divided into five different sections, including comedy, horror and romance.
Watch the full video below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org