Warning: This post contains potential spoilers for Rogue One.
Since it was confirmed that Darth Vader plays a role in Rogue One, fans have been left wondering if they can expect to see other Star Wars characters in the upcoming spinoff. Luckily, during a recent interview on the French language channel TMC, director Gareth Edwards may have revealed that at least one other famous character will make an appearance: Princess Leia.
After replying definitively that Luke Skywalker does not show up in the movie, Edwards skirted around his answer about Leia. “I don’t want to ruin it for people,” he said, seemingly hinting that she is involved in the plot in some capacity.
Of course, this would make sense within the timeline of the galaxy far, far away, as Rogue One is set just before the events of 1977’s Episode IV: A New Hope — at the beginning of which Leia is in possession of the Death Star plans that Jyn Erso and her crew will set out to steal.
Rogue One hits theaters Dec. 16.
[h/t Cinema Blend]
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating