The Chainsmokers are known for chart-crushingly catchy EDM earworms like “Don’t Let Me Down” (one of Spotify’s most-streamed songs of the year) and current radio monster “Closer,” with Halsey. But as it turns out, the DJ duo’s melodies don’t always need a big beat drop. Consider this cover of their latest release, “Setting Fires,” which features only the brother-sister duo XYLØ from the song’s original version—you know, the one that now has over 27 million streams on Spotify.
This newly stripped-down version—which includes just piano and smooth singing from the breakout pair—is guaranteed to be a welcome breath of fresh air, although it may evoke some feels.
Check it out above.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time