When it comes to Trevor Noah and TheBlaze host Tomi Lahren, the two don’t agree on much. In an extended clip from Wednesday night’s episode of The Daily Show, Noah devoted nearly half an hour to debating the conservative commentator, taking time to challenge her opinions on Donald Trump, the KKK and Black Lives Matter.
Lahren spends much of the segment on the defensive, denying that any of her controversial statements — including on Colin Kaepernick — are rooted in racism. “Because I criticized a black person or I criticized the Black Lives Matter movement that doesn’t mean that I’m anti-black. It does not mean that I don’t like black people or that I’m a racist,” she says. “I don’t see color. I go after Hillary Clinton and she’s as white as they come.”
“You don’t see color? So what do you do at a traffic light?” Noah said in response. “I don’t believe in that at all. There’s nothing wrong with seeing color, it’s how you treat color that’s more important.”
Lahren also shares her views on Trump’s Access Hollywood tape. “I’m comparing Donald Trump to Hillary Clinton, not the pope and not God,” she says. “So for me, what he said…it’s not defensible. But I’m still comparing someone who said some nasty things to a woman that has done nasty things.”
Watch the full interview below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time