When it comes to Trevor Noah and TheBlaze host Tomi Lahren, the two don’t agree on much. In an extended clip from Wednesday night’s episode of The Daily Show, Noah devoted nearly half an hour to debating the conservative commentator, taking time to challenge her opinions on Donald Trump, the KKK and Black Lives Matter.
Lahren spends much of the segment on the defensive, denying that any of her controversial statements — including on Colin Kaepernick — are rooted in racism. “Because I criticized a black person or I criticized the Black Lives Matter movement that doesn’t mean that I’m anti-black. It does not mean that I don’t like black people or that I’m a racist,” she says. “I don’t see color. I go after Hillary Clinton and she’s as white as they come.”
“You don’t see color? So what do you do at a traffic light?” Noah said in response. “I don’t believe in that at all. There’s nothing wrong with seeing color, it’s how you treat color that’s more important.”
Lahren also shares her views on Trump’s Access Hollywood tape. “I’m comparing Donald Trump to Hillary Clinton, not the pope and not God,” she says. “So for me, what he said…it’s not defensible. But I’m still comparing someone who said some nasty things to a woman that has done nasty things.”
Watch the full interview below.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma