A woman on a United Airlines flight traveling from New Orleans to Houston Monday afternoon jumped out of the plane’s emergency exit after it had touched down at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. The incident occurred while the plane was taxiing toward its gate, airline spokeswoman Maddie King told CNN.
The unidentified woman — who was treated for non-life threatening injuries — was not charged by police, but is reportedly undergoing psych evaluations.
Passenger Hampton Friedman — who was seated across the aisle from the exit — took a short video of the aftermath of the jump. “A lady on this flight just opened the door and jumped out of the plane,” he says in the clip.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color