A woman on a United Airlines flight traveling from New Orleans to Houston Monday afternoon jumped out of the plane’s emergency exit after it had touched down at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. The incident occurred while the plane was taxiing toward its gate, airline spokeswoman Maddie King told CNN.
The unidentified woman — who was treated for non-life threatening injuries — was not charged by police, but is reportedly undergoing psych evaluations.
Passenger Hampton Friedman — who was seated across the aisle from the exit — took a short video of the aftermath of the jump. “A lady on this flight just opened the door and jumped out of the plane,” he says in the clip.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms