A woman on a United Airlines flight traveling from New Orleans to Houston Monday afternoon jumped out of the plane’s emergency exit after it had touched down at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. The incident occurred while the plane was taxiing toward its gate, airline spokeswoman Maddie King told CNN.
The unidentified woman — who was treated for non-life threatening injuries — was not charged by police, but is reportedly undergoing psych evaluations.
Passenger Hampton Friedman — who was seated across the aisle from the exit — took a short video of the aftermath of the jump. “A lady on this flight just opened the door and jumped out of the plane,” he says in the clip.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk