French officials arrested five ISIS affiliates planning a Dec. 1 terrorist attack in the country, law enforcement officials said Friday.
The men were under the guidance of a coordinator in the Middle East and had obtained an “arsenal of weapons,” according to an NBC News report. They were arrested Sunday but officials only made the plot public on Friday using anti-terrorism rules to extend the length of time they could be held without charges.
Officials said the suspects had searched potential sites to attack but the police did not identify potential targets.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization